Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My First Guest Designer Project


My first post as a Guest Designer. I am so excited!!! YAY ME!!!

Paula over at More Than Favors asked me to be her Guest Designer for this weeks Wacky Wednesday Challenge.
The challenge this week is a Wedding Theme.  

I was so unsure of what I was going to do for this project.  I did not own any wedding themed cartridges. So I brainstormed for a while.  Until I was able to come up with something.


I just recently purchased the Create A Critter cartridge and so I was looking through everything on it and ran across the penguins.  That is when it hit me, they were perfect. So I decided to use them in making my card.  
 
Here's the details on how I created this cute card....
Colobok textured cardstock in white
The paper studio solid silver glitter paper 
The Paper studio white, and red glitter paper
The Paper studio Mr.& Mrs. ribbon
Acetate sheet
I rock ( for the silver jewels around the brides head that hold her vail) 
Not sure if you can really see the vail hope this pic will let you see it a little bit 
Jolees boutique dimensional stickers(Bride and Groom for rings on top of card)
Colorbok midnight stickers ( for sentiment inside of card and outside of card)
Penguins and layers cut approx 2.5 from Create A Critter
Heart cut approx .60 from Plantin Schoolbook
Snowglobe cut and whelded together with my gypsy at 5.65 

Addition Specs:

 
I used my Gypsy to weld 2 snow globes together and I also opened a new layer and just put one snow globe at 5.65 so I could cut the acetate and the silver glitter paper for bottom of globe.  The silver glitter paper I had to cut the bottom off the globe with scissor to make it fit on the bottom of the welded snow globes.  So I technically only needed the bottom of the globe but there was  no way to just cut the bottom, so I had to cut the whole globe out. 


Inside of Card

Finished Product





I really hope that you all enjoy my card and I hope that you stop by my blog more often.





1 comment:

  1. Im a new follower.
    Congrats on your first guest designer gig
    Wonderful wedding card - just love it

    ReplyDelete