Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer summer summer time

Since where I live it's like 95 degrees but feels like 110. I figured I would create a summer themed card.
I decided to make an easel card complete with sand, water and clouds. I used all Lettering Delights cuts for this whole card. I had to modify some things to my little kids. I could not find any floatie SVG files so I created some arm floaties for my boy using rectangles and a half circle for my little girl. I also used a peachy keen face for the little girl. I always think that this adds a prettier touch. I paper pierced the little girl, castle,stars, sun and sea shells and print and cut the little boy, sand bucket, and ball.


As for my sand I just ripped some Kraft paper and layered it to make it look like sand. Well I hope you enjoyed my summery card as much as I enjoyed I enjoyed it making me want to go to the beach.

Linking up at:
Getting Cricky: Simple Sunday Challenge-summer celebrations

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet summer scene. I wish I was at the beach. I know what you mean about the heat! We are suppose to hit 105 today with a heat index of 110... I am not looking forward to it :( Stay cool!!! :) Thanks for joining in the Simply Sunday Challenge fun at Getting Cricky!

    Heather
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly adorable. Love the sand castle. Thanks for joining us over at Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO CUTE!!! I love it. I keep saying that I want to do a 3d sort of card like this. Maybe for my daugther's third birthday this month.

    I hope you stop by the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com this card would be a great adition to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete