Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Giraffe invitations

Ok so I have been working away on creating some custom invitations and a banner (which I will show on another post) for some friends. They are having there daughters birthday at the zoo and her favorite animal is the giraffe. I wanted to create something cute and unique so I thought about create secret pop up invitations. I researched a couple YouTube videos on how to create them and this is what I came up with.



This is what the card looks like when it slides and pops up.











This is what the card loos like closed
I forgot to take a picture of the back of the card which is embossed with the happy birthday folder. I am very happy with the way they turned out and my friends love them too.

One last thing I plan on making either a video or putting up instructions on how to make this type of card if anyone is interested. It took me a bit to find a good tutorial on these so I figured I would create one.

I am linking this project over at you had me at craft on her made it myself Monday's post.



If you haven't checked it out yet you should there is a lot of creative blogs out there.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Lovely slider pop up. This is one of my favorite interactive card mechanisms too.
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete